Few months back ICAI had announced that CA syllabus is going to change from what it is now. CPT is also going to change at the fundamental level. The details of CA CPT new course and CPT new syllabus 2016 and it’s probable applicability is given below.
CA CPT got new name, i.e. CA Foundation.
So, we will take it as CA Foundation new course 2016.
CA Foundation New Course 2016
Under the Foundation Course Route, the following steps are required
1. Register with Board of Studies (BoS) after appearing in Class XII till June 30/Dec 31.
2. Be eligible to appear for Foundation examination after passing Class XII examination. The first Foundation examination can be taken in November/May, as applicable, following passing of Class XII examination.
3. Qualify Foundation Course.
4. Register with the BoS for the Intermediate Course.
5. Complete 8 months of study
6. Appear and Pass in either or both Groups of Intermediate Course
7. Successfully complete Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) before commencement of the practical training
8. Register for Three years Practical Training on passing either or both the Groups of Intermediate.
9. Register for the Final Course after qualifying both the Groups of Intermediate Course.
10. Successfully complete Four Weeks Advanced ICITSS during the last two years of Practical Training.
11. Complete Practical Training.
12. Appear in Final examination after completion of practical training and Advanced ICITSS.
13. Become Member.
Note: ICAI has decided in principle the above mentioned Scheme. However, the scheme will be notified in the official Gazette in due course.
CA CPT (CA Foundation) New Syllabus 2016
Total number of papers – 4
Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 2*: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
- Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
Paper 3: Mercantile Law & General English (100 Marks)
- Part I: Mercantile Law (60 Marks)
- Part II: General English (40 Marks)
Paper 4*: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
*Paper 2 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers
1. Passing percentage:Aggregate- 50% and Subject-wise- 40% at one sitting.
2. Objective type question of I or more marks.
3. Examination: In the month of November and May after passing Class XII
CA Foundation 2016 New Syllabus Probable Applicability
Until it’s approved by CG, the new CA CPT/Foundation 2016 will not be applicable, and till date it is not approved, so if it is approved in 2016, then it may apply from 2017 onwards.
For All major changes, check at:
CA IPCCA New Syllabus 2016 & It’s Probable Applicability
CA Final New Syllabus 2016 & It’s Applicability Details
Stay tuned with us for the further updates.